Bharat Mata Mandir is a famous multi-storied temple of Madhubhoomi built to greet patriots and freedom fighters’ devotion. The late Prime Minister of India Smt. Indira Gandhi and Swami Satyamitranand Giri Bharat Mata Temple inaugurated the temple in the year 1983. The temple has eight floors, and each story has a different theme to many legends and deities.
Since the concept of Bharat Mata goes back to the partition of India, she is intended to represent Aryavarta, the motherland of Hinduism in Hindu nationalism, and not just restricted to the secular republic of India. Bharat Mata Mandir is an 8-storey temple located on the banks of the river Ganga in the heart of the city of Haridwar.
1. First Floor – Dedicated to Bharat Mata (Mother India), there is a statue of Bharat Mata on this floor and is depicted with the national flag and Tri-colour adoring the idol.
2. Second Floor – It is named “Shoor Mandir,” this floor is dedicated to famous Indian heroes.
3. Third Floor – The third floor, known as the ‘Matru Mandir,’ is dedicated to Meera and Savitri to admire women’s commendable efforts in Indian history.
4. Fourth Floor – This floor is known as the ‘Sant Mandir’ and is dedicated to saints of different religions in India.
5. Fifth Floor – In the Assembly Hall, there are murals depicting the peaceful coexistence of many religions in India.
6. Sixth Floor – Dedicated to Goddess Shakti, this floor represents various forms of Goddess Shakti.
7. Seventh floor – Here, the seventh floor represents all incarnations of Vishnu.
8. Eighth Floor – On the last floor, there is a shrine to Lord Shiva, who is considered The supreme God.
From a height of 180 feet, visitors can see Haridwar’s beautiful skyline from the eight floors of the Bharat Mata Mandir. There are lift facilities to visit the various floors of the temple.
Bharat Mata Mandir is located in Motichur in Haridwar near the banks of the River Ganga. Bharat Mata Mandir can be reached by taxi or bus from the Haridwar bus stand. If you want to reach by train, the nearest railway station to Bharat Mata Mandir is Haridwar Railway Station (7 km), and if you want to travel by airplane, you can land at Jolly Grant Airport 30 km away in Dehradun.